Freelance Makeup Artistry Course
This product is currently sold out.
This makeup course introduces you to professional makeup artistry. It includes a professional photo shoot to start building your portfolio , a full makeup kit to hit the ground running and the business skills needed to manage your career as a makeup artist.
It is a 5 day intense makeup artistry course.
Important things to note
- small group class of between 6-8 students at a time
- Last day of class is exam and photoshoot
- Certificate of Makeup Artistry is awarded when you complete all homework and class work
- You will get a full makeup kit valued at $3000
- Course Duration is 30hrs in class with 10hrs of homework
- Classes are once a week for 5 Sundays
Day 1: Introduction to the Industry & Skin Class
- Organizing your Makeup Kit
- Hygiene and sterilization
- Tool selection and care
- Professional Communication and Consultation
- Skin Structure, Care and Function
- Product knowledge
- Facial structure and shapes
- Contouring (Highlighting & lowlighting using different mediums working with basic and extreme techniques)
- Principles for color and light
- Color theory – corrective color techniques, color schemes, color terms and quality
- Dewy and sun-kissed look
Day 2: Period (Vintage) Makeup – Eye & Lip Effect
- Period makeup through eras 20’s – 80’s
- The origin of cut crease and sculpted dramatic brows
- Understanding original designs and editorial inspirations so that you can work with any trend that comes your way, trends come and go but basics stay forever
- Corrective eye techniques and lip techniques
Day 3: Bridal Makeup
- Bridal Consultation
- Creating a Mood Board
- Ethnic Bride
- Modern Bride
- False Lash Application
Day 4: Photography Makeup
- Makeup for color and black & white photography, set etiquette and pre-production
- T.V., commercial & video makeup - continuity schedules and script breakdown
- Cosmetic retailing – skin analysis, client charts
- Runway makeup - Creating storyboards, scheduling and understanding different distance and lighting scenarios
- Creative and inspirational challenges - challenge your creativity and push your boundaries
Day 5: Practical Exam & Photoshoot Day
- Professional photo shoot for portfolio building
Bonus Course: Business Plan and Marketing yourself as a Makeup Artist
- The business of makeup Artistry (Business plan template provided)
- Professionalism and conduct requirements
- Business management
- Portfolio development
At the end of the course, you would have the following knowledge:
- Makeup Artist kit: Understanding what to have in your kit
- Make-up Artist Hygiene: Understanding the importance and professional standards of artist hygiene.
- Skin Preparation: Preparing the skin is just as important as make-up itself. It is the base to any good make-up application. You will learn an understanding of skin care and different skin types.
- Foundation Selection and Application: Foundation selection according to skin types and tones. Coverage levels, textures and finishes for different foundation types, and various mixing and application techniques.
- Corrective and Camouflage Techniques: Correcting and camouflaging technique for imperfections such as spots and dark circles
- Contouring and Highlighting : Shading and highlighting techniques to emphasise certain features on the face.
- Creating Glowing Skin : Learn how to create fresh glowing dewy skin with a variety of products used by industry professionals.
- Powders : Purpose of powders in loose and pressed textures.
- Bronzers : Learn the various techniques and ways to apply bronzers.
- Eye Brow Shaping : Includes artistic eyebrow shaping and techniques to enhance the natural line of the eyebrows.
- Eye Shadows, Pigments &Glitters: This will cover the different textures in terms of their application and their uses in detail.
- Natural Beauty Make-Up : You will learn the various ways to apply a perfect natural make-up focusing on the skin.
- Smokey Eyes : Learn the many styles of smoky eyes. In this section you will learn application techniques, use of different textures, adding colour and personal style.
- Glamour/Evening Makeup :You will learn detailed application techniques of glamour style makeup with the help of a make up artist with extensive glamour makeup industry experience.
- Pencil/Liquid Liner :This covers pencil and liquid eyeliners and application techniques in detail.
- Mascaras :This covers different mascaras, applications and their uses
- False lash Application : This covers eyelash strips,
- Blushers: Powders and cream blushers will be covered in detail including application techniques of different textures and their uses.
- Lipsticks, Glosses & Liners :This will cover all aspects from colour selection to application of lipsticks, glosses and lip liners. Understanding how to enhance or alter lip
- Mature Make-up : This will cover make up application on mature skin.
Opportunity to join the Adoniaabeauty Mobile team as a contract staff upon graduation
Duration - 5 days
Cost - $2400
Next start Date - October 2 - November 5
This Course is available only 4 times in a year (January,April,July,October)
Any questions, call 403922630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org