As women, we often invest time in many things except ourselves as we go through the different seasons of our lives. I believe that everyone has the right to look and feel their absolute best every day. Looking good isn’t a luxury, it’s something everyone can achieve regardless of age, size, budget, lifestyle or health conditions.
Having confidence in your appearance not only has a positive effect on your self-esteem but can also affect your daily life and the type of goals you set for yourself; be it career related, health related, or simply social.
I have likened the appearance of a woman to 2 exact types of cars, a polished car and an unpolished car. They both have the same value but the polished one will appeal more to everyone
Looking good doesn’t have to be expensive, it is all about understanding what suits you and when you find out what is special about you, you can dress for success every time. Psychologists have associated good appearance to competency at the work place and sustenance of relationship in marriage,’women who take care of their physical appearance have better rapport with their partner’ .
Every woman should have a beauty regime and it should be ongoing and habitual. You do not always need to consult a professional, most treatments can be easily done at home once you know how.
Below are 8 simple tips to dress up for success every day.
- 1. Be stylishand learn how to dress for your body type and proportions. You can have a one-off consultation with an image consultant if you are struggling to know what suits your body type or what colors flatter you.
- 2.Take good care of your skin – Cleanse, tone & moisturize your face at least twice a day using products that suit your skin type.
- 3.Wear makeup to enhance your natural beauty. You can have a one-off consultation with an image consultant to understand the right application of makeup and how to use it to flatter rather than mask.
- 4.Take good care of your hands and feet. Hands generally show signs of ageing faster than the face so invest in some manicure & pedicure products. A flash of nail color is also good for lifting your spirit.
- 5.Understand your hair and how to style it to enhance your face. A woman’s hair is her crowning glory.
- 6. Eat healthily and drink at least 8 glasses of water in a day, this keeps your skin hydrated and looking fresh
- 7. Exercise daily to keep fit. A 30 minute walk round your neighborhood once a day is good enough.
- 8. Finally, a winning smile is one of the most attractive assets a woman can have.Give someone that smile today.
This article was written by Adedoyin Omotara, Creative Director of Adoniaa, an image consulting company which focuses on makeup and personal styling for the everyday woman.
I am passionate about making the everyday woman look and feel her best at all times; let’s not leave it to the celebrities! Looking good isn’t a luxury, it is something everyone can achieve regardless of age, size, budget, lifestyle or health conditions.